Welcome to Work Watch. Here are several interesting facts that you should be aware of in your job search:
1. Employers spend on average six seconds looking at your resume before they make the initial “fit or not fit” decision on applicants, and only 20% of applicants get an interview, which means making your resume stand out is crucial.
2. 7 seconds – the time involved for a stranger to form a first impression about you.
3. You have on average 40 minutes to make a good impression during your interview, however, 33% of bosses know within the first 90 seconds of an interview whether a candidate will get the job.
4. 93% of employers will view a job candidate’s social media profile and 55% will negatively reconsider afterward, so clean up what you don’t want seen by an employer!
5. 66% of job recruiters hold bad spelling and grammar errors against you.
6. If you don’t negotiate your salary, it could cost you up to $500,000 by the time you’re 60 years old.
7. 80% of jobs are never posted, but are instead found through networking and/or energetic job search strategies!
8. 94% of recruiters use LinkedIn to sift through candidates.
For more information, contact GST Michigan Works! at 800-285-WORKS.